Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_f
Creator
Creator

How to recognize backgroud colors of expressions?

Hi all,

can someone help me to recognize backgroud colors of expressions if they are with color - backgroun conditions?

i've set the "backgroud colors" in each expression with 3 diff colors.

now i want to add a new expression that will summary the "colors" by priority at the bigging of the table.

Example: i've a row with 15 columns and each column have a "backgroud colors" condition (if-else).

In summary expression i want to indicate if exist by priority if "red" color or "orange" color exist.

in diff words: if some column have red color => paint the summary expression with red, if red color doesn't exist check for orange color => paint the summary expression with orange ELSE => paint the summary expression with default color

Is it possible that 1 expression recognize the other expressions by "backgroud colors"

Thanks in advise,

Daniel

1 Reply
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi as far as i am aware you can't reference the background colour itself what you could do though is look for the same conditions, ie use the AGGR function against the original measure in your summary expression and check for the "Red" condition.

have a look at this documents as an example.

Thanks

Steve