cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to recover the qvw file

Hi,

I am facing this issue while saving the qlikview document it shows one alert box. kindly refer the below screenshot,

qlik.png

If copy the same qvw file and its working fine but the source file shows this alert box while performs reload and also in QMC it shows error as The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I have checked this file was not opened in any other location.

Regards,

Yuvaraj G

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for the reply varun.

I have tried this method if i create as new qvw file its working fine. There is any other solution to recover the source qvw file.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is there any difference between the source file and a copy of that file? I mean, apart from the fact that the source file generates an error when trying to save?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No difference between source file and copy file.

For example:

Source file name: abc.qvw

Copy file name: abc-copy.qvw

just file name was different after reloading it shows alert box error

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

S you are able to recover the original and store it under a different name. I'm assuming that your statement "its working fine" means that you are able to reload the copy without any problems.

The source file is also being used by the QlikView Server, isn'it? Did you check whether some other process is keeping a lock on your source file? Are there any stray QVB processes still active on your server?

Did you try to delete the original and rename the copy to the original file name? The latter shouldn't present any problems because you confirmed that the two files are identical. If some other process is keeping the file locked, a delete will most likely fail.

andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hello,

Is your file corrupted?