Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to save historic data?

Hi QlikView-community,

I´m importing daily data from Salesforce regarding tickets (questions from customers) that have been open and closed every day.In the raw data from Salesforce there exists two timestamps, one for  each new ticket (timestamp_created) and one for each closed ticket  (timestamp_closed).

QUESTION: I would like to compare the number of open tickets that I had yesterday with the number of open tickets I had the day before. I calculate the number of open tickets adding all tickets that have been created since today minus those that have been closed. Is there a way to calculate the number of open tickets that we have at the end of each day?

I am attaching the qlikview app I am using.

Thanks in advance!

David

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

You can create an auxiliary table with different dates 'CreatedDate' format 'DD / MM / YYYY' and use as dimension. Then you format the 'ClosedDate' and 'CreatedDate' also as 'DD / MM / YYYY' and write the expression.

Rebeca

shilpan
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The simplest way to get open ticket count is to write an expression in your script using following logic:

Use Closeddate column and do a count on cases with Closeddate is null.

Or

Use status column and do a count on csease with Status = 'Open'

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for answering.

the issue is not how to calculate the number of open tickets but to save those numbers for each day. Otherwise when I reload the query I overwrite the counts with the current status.

In other words: I would like to compare the number of open tickets we had yesterday with the number of open tickets we have today.

thanks,

david

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebeca, thanks for answering.

the issue is not how to calculate the number of open tickets but to save those numbers for each day. Otherwise when I reload the query I overwrite the counts with the current status.

In other words: I would like to compare the number of open tickets we had yesterday with the number of open tickets we have today.

thanks,

david