Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set the calendar to send chart item every week

Hi,

I have a pivot table used to run every day. I need to send this Pivot table to user email every Friday evening. How can I set the Date to send every Friday(Every week) with out clicking manually for eg: from 06/01/2014 to 10/01/2014.

Could anyone help me is there anyway we can do this with script?

Thanks.

5 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You can try to use After Reload trigger and Select in Field action.

Is it reloaded every day ?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Amelia,

You could do this in Macro code.  You will find a number of examples of the email code on QlikCommunity.  To make it only happen on a Friday you will need to place an if statement around the macro for export and email - based on the day of the week.  If you are reloading more than once a day you will also need to take into account time - making sure it only sends once a day.

The smarter way of automating output via email is to look at getting a third party tool to handle scheduling and distribution of output.  Personally, I recommend NPrinting and that is why my company signed up as re-sellers of this product.  With NPrinting you can use all the features of Excel when designing a template and then NPrinting will populate this with live data and send via email (or FTP or a drop folder).  It can also send different sub-sets to different people.

Please get in touch if you would like further information on NPrinting.

Regards,

Steve

Quick Intelligence

Not applicable
Author

Hello Amelia,

If you have a License with PDF distribution you can make a Inform with your pivot table and just add the task and specify the distribution for a specific user or users.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and how can I make a inform ? please tell me

Not applicable
Author

Hello Amelia,

Sorry for late, I'm in hollidays but this is the way to created an Inform:

1.- Select Inform in tool bar....

Continue in Word file attached....