Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set the calendar to send chart item every week

Hi,

I have a pivot table used to run every day. I need to send this Pivot table to user email every Friday evening. How can I set the Date to send every Friday(Every week) with out clicking manually for eg: from 06/01/2014 to 10/01/2014.

Could anyone help me is there anyway we can do this with script?

Thanks.

5 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You can try to use After Reload trigger and Select in Field action.

Is it reloaded every day ?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Amelia,

You could do this in Macro code.  You will find a number of examples of the email code on QlikCommunity.  To make it only happen on a Friday you will need to place an if statement around the macro for export and email - based on the day of the week.  If you are reloading more than once a day you will also need to take into account time - making sure it only sends once a day.

The smarter way of automating output via email is to look at getting a third party tool to handle scheduling and distribution of output.  Personally, I recommend NPrinting and that is why my company signed up as re-sellers of this product.  With NPrinting you can use all the features of Excel when designing a template and then NPrinting will populate this with live data and send via email (or FTP or a drop folder).  It can also send different sub-sets to different people.

Please get in touch if you would like further information on NPrinting.

Regards,

Steve

Quick Intelligence

Not applicable
Author

Hello Amelia,

If you have a License with PDF distribution you can make a Inform with your pivot table and just add the task and specify the distribution for a specific user or users.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and how can I make a inform ? please tell me

Not applicable
Author

Hello Amelia,

Sorry for late, I'm in hollidays but this is the way to created an Inform:

1.- Select Inform in tool bar....

Continue in Word file attached....