Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show a presentation in chart conditionally?

Hi,

pretty new to qlikview. I'm trying to find a way to hide columns in straight tables. I want to hide a column if no selections are made in certain field (listbox). If one or more selections are made in that certain field, the column would be shown in the chart.

I propably need to put a condition for that expression in presentation?

Thank you!

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What i understood from the question is you want to show the straight chart only if a selection is made on any listbox.

If yes then you can do in this way.

Go to properties of Straight Table.

In general tab you will see calculation condition.

Paste expression like this.

if(GetSelectedCount(Filed_Name)>1,1,0)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Not quite: I want to only hide a column in chart if no selections are made in certain specific field, not any field. So if user hasn't selected anything in field x, a certain column would be hidden in the chart. All the other columns would still be shown on the chart.

Thank you!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Go to properties of straight table, in presentation tab. You will see the columns there.

Click on the column you want to hide. then click on conditional and paste the same above expression there.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

ok got it to work, just needed to add >= for single selection.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Tuomas