Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show only increased rows or data

Hi there,

I am trying to find a way to filter my data so that I can find the items with increase sales over the years. Here is a snapshot of my straight table:

Capture.JPG.jpg

How can I filter it so that table only shows the increased quantities year over year?

For instance, which items increase from 2012 to 2013 to 2014.

Is it possible to find which items increase from 2012 to 2013 but decrease in 2014?

Are these kind of filtering possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You mean Personal Desktop, no license?  OK, I'll try to describe:

1.  I added the script:

Filter:
load * inline [

F

'All'

'Increase'

'Decrease in 2014'

];

2.  Assuming the amount fields for the years are named "2012", "2013", and "2014", I've created a calculated dimension:

if(F='All, Dim,

if(F='Increase', aggr(if(sum("2013")>sum("2012") and sum("2014")>sum("2013"), Dim), Dim),

if(F='Decrease in 2014', aggr(if(sum("2013")>sum("2012) and sum("2014")<sum("2013"), Dim), Dim)

)))

and, check the box 'Suppress when value is null'

3. Bring the F field on the front end, select one value, go to its properties, and check 'Always one selected value' on the General tab.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is possible.

First, I'd create an additional filed for tis filter, with values like 'All', 'Increase', 'Decrease in 2014'.  Make it "only one value selected"

Second, create a conditional calculated dimension in the chart which show all rows, or only if increase through all years, or decrease in 2014, depending on the above filter.

Hope this idea is enough for you to proceed.  If not, please upload a small example of your app, and I'll try it if I have time.

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Thanks for the response but since I am really new to qv, I believe this task is beyond my current skills. I'd appreciate if you could give me an example.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Korhan,

See attached.  Take a look at the calculated dimension.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Thanks for the response.

I am using the desktop version and cannot open someone else's files.

Don't know if there is a way to do this.

Sorry!

Not applicable
Author

Never mind. Got it.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You mean Personal Desktop, no license?  OK, I'll try to describe:

1.  I added the script:

Filter:
load * inline [

F

'All'

'Increase'

'Decrease in 2014'

];

2.  Assuming the amount fields for the years are named "2012", "2013", and "2014", I've created a calculated dimension:

if(F='All, Dim,

if(F='Increase', aggr(if(sum("2013")>sum("2012") and sum("2014")>sum("2013"), Dim), Dim),

if(F='Decrease in 2014', aggr(if(sum("2013")>sum("2012) and sum("2014")<sum("2013"), Dim), Dim)

)))

and, check the box 'Suppress when value is null'

3. Bring the F field on the front end, select one value, go to its properties, and check 'Always one selected value' on the General tab.

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

This is really good. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

I really appreciate it.

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

What does 'dim' do here? Can you explain a little bit or can you point me to a link where I can read?

Thx.

Not applicable
Author

Also, never mind this too. I figured it out.

Thanks again.