Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show totals in a pivot table?

First of all let me say thank you for taking your time to answer my question, and I hope you can help me find a good answer for my problem.

I'm new to qlickview, I just have a few days working with it, and I'd like to know the following, I had a QlickView File that I wanted to copy and modify some things (Just things in the query(sql)), so I did, then when I open my File(After reloading the data) everything was good, Perfect!

Then I said let me check some of the functionalities of click view, then I started checking the carts, and how to have a fast access button(the one at the top) and include a chart for the pivot tables I have, soo then I left everything exactly as it was, but for some reason The Presentations tab was different than other Pivot tables I had in my view, things I noticed:

1- I only had One dimension instead of all the dimension on the "Sort" tab.

2- Everything was different on the Presentation tab too.

After I tried and tried I couldn't find out what was wrong, so what I did was delete that file, copy the other one and reload all the data again, but I'd like to know why this happened.

Thanks for taking your time to answer this question, and I hope you can help me with this, I'm new to this, and I'm really excited about Qlick View.

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Different chart types have different options. That's why, among other things, the options on the Presentation tab differ. In a pivot table only dimensions can be sorted. In a straight table expressions can also be sorted. That's why you see more columns on the Sort tab in a straight table than on the Sort tab of a pivot table. In a straight table you enable totals with the Total Mode on the expressions tab. In a pivot table you can add totals with the Show Partial Sums option on the Presentation tab by first selecting a dimension and then enabling the Show Partial Sums option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand