Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show underlying data

Hi,

We are trying to replicate our tableau dashboard to qlikview and qliksense tools to which i am quite new.Does they support showing underlying data like we can see in tableau.If yes then please guide me how.Any help will be appreciated.

PFB the screenshot from tableau for refrence.i could export the summary data in excel in qlikview but what i need is the full data tab like we have in tableau.

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Thanks,

Nikita

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Hey,

I have attached it for you.

The bar chart in here shows the Count of items with respect to the customers.

At the background, we have a straight table (which has Customer,Date,Item) So basically the Grey bar is of the Table and when you click on 'XL', it will export the entire data into the excel.

Also make sure that the layer of the table in the layout tab is bottom while the layer of the chart is top, so that the table is always behind the bar chart..

If you want to look at the straight table properties, u can right click on the grey bar and select properties.

Also, you need to make sure that the table is in  a different alternate state. This is necessary because if they are in the same alternate state, any selection made in the bar chart would also make a change in the table. and we want the table to remain as it is.

Please let me know if you have any more concerns.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Nikita,

There is no possible way to export the underlying data directly.

You will have to create a straight table and add the fields you are interested in, and export that instead.

You can keep this table in the background/hide it according to your design.

Thanks,

Chhavi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chhavi,

Can you show this by an example in qlik workbook maybe ? it will be helpful.

Thanks,

Nikita

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Hey,

I have attached it for you.

The bar chart in here shows the Count of items with respect to the customers.

At the background, we have a straight table (which has Customer,Date,Item) So basically the Grey bar is of the Table and when you click on 'XL', it will export the entire data into the excel.

Also make sure that the layer of the table in the layout tab is bottom while the layer of the chart is top, so that the table is always behind the bar chart..

If you want to look at the straight table properties, u can right click on the grey bar and select properties.

Also, you need to make sure that the table is in  a different alternate state. This is necessary because if they are in the same alternate state, any selection made in the bar chart would also make a change in the table. and we want the table to remain as it is.

Please let me know if you have any more concerns.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO showing the underlying data is counter-productive in QlikView as you will run in performance problems when dealing with millions (billions) of lines of data. QlikView is optimised to handle both small and extremely large data sets in real-time if you follow a few best practices. One of those best practices can be read as "do not throw large data sets on screen" because probably nobody will be interested.

Even a simulation of an Excel sheet to inspect the underlying data will quickly become a drag when filled with millions of rows.

BTW you can sort-of accomplish an underlying data view by adding a RowNo() value to your table in the load script. Then either display all relevant fields (including the RowNo value) in a Table Box, or create a Straight table with this RowNo value and a dummy expression (e.g. =1) and hide the expression.

Not applicable
Author

It works.

Thanks alot