Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to solve this using IF Statement

I have a problem that might be fixed by a proper IF statement. Hoping you experts might be able to help me out.

Problem:

I have 3 products A B & C. During month(now) which is april, I want to forecast my sales for B&C but not A. for the past months, there is no need to forecast so you will see actual sales volume same as forecasted sales volume in the sample table.

What I have so far:

To make the espression work on front end with ease, I created a flag field in the script:- if (monthstart([Sales Month]) = monthstart(today()) and Product <> ‘A’, ‘Flag’, ‘No_Forcast’) as Flag_Field

I am using this calculated field in the expression in the bar chart.
if(Flag_Field='Flag',(sum([Actual SalesVolume])/VNo_days)*VTotal_days,

sum([ActualSales Volume])

but the problem is unless I select a single product, either A, B, or C the month(now) metric value does not show correct result. If I select A and B, the metric shown is the actual volume, it does not take into account the forecasted volume.

Problem defined again

when product field is not selected, Result shown = (20000+8000+3000) = 31000. Result expected =(20000+40000+15000) = 75000

when a single product is selected, for eg B, it will correctly show 40000

CB_rate_diff.PNG

shout out to stalwar1‌ sunny you dont have to solve this if it requires hard work but just wanted to thank you for your help in the past. best.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this

RangeSum(

Sum({<Flag_Field = {'Flag'}>}[Actual SalesVolume])/VNo_days)*VTotal_days,

Sum({<Flag_Field = {'No_Forcast'}>} ActualSales Volume]))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this

RangeSum(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Its actually a ratio that I am measuring. so in the previous formual i added /sum(Totalcost) to measure a ratio which will make the expression as below. and rangesum do not seem to work.

if(Flag_Field='Flag',((sum([Actual SalesVolume])/VNo_days)*VTotal_days)/sum(Totalcost),

sum([ActualSales Volume]/sum(Totalcost)

I left the problem to have only sum to simplify the problem, now I may have made it complex. sorry about that.

sunny_talwar

May be just this

RangeSum(

/

Sum([Totalcost])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My apologies Sunny. you solved it the first time as always with your midas touch man. I was not thinking straight and missed a bracket   Thank you so much. have a wonderful weekend.