Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to stop a blank user being loaded into my document?

Hello all

I have been working on a Sytem Monitor and there was a blank user appearing in the application.  After some investigation into the log files I had discovered the blank users was taking the Client Address of the Qlikview server.

I now want to stop this blank user from being loaded into the application.  I have tried  using the code below but when I reload it, I get a message saying Qlikview couldnt find the field 'Session_User'

LOAD

Capitalize(Mid([Identifying user],Index([Identifying user],'\')+1,100))               AS Session_User,

* WHERE

Session_User <> ' '

;

FROM

$(SessionPath) (txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

It's saying it can't find the field because it doesn't exist yet.  I think you need something like

WHERE len(trim(Capitalize(Mid([Identifying user],Index([Identifying user],'\')+1,100)) ))>0

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stuart

you may use

len(trim(Session_user) ) <> 0

trim will remove blanks and let len = 0   so it won't be loaded

best regards

Chris

Not applicable
Author

I tried that and it is still saying it can't find the field.  I will work on this tomorrow to try and find a fix!

Nicole-Smith

It's saying it can't find the field because it doesn't exist yet.  I think you need something like

WHERE len(trim(Capitalize(Mid([Identifying user],Index([Identifying user],'\')+1,100)) ))>0

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nicole.  That works great, no more blank users for me .  Thank you both for your help.