Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrichman
Creator II
Creator II

How to use FirstSortedRow and Above/Below in a table as expression?

Hi Community! 

I'm currently trying to use the FirstSortedRow and Above/Below functions in a combination. 

My data mainly contains of Client,Date & Stage. I would like to add a column which calculates the status per max date and group it by client. I have done in in the back-end (Script) with the help of this thread (https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Get-Max-Date-and-Max-Value-of-a-ID/td-p/10952...) and it works well, however the requirement now in using it as expression. 

I calculated max_date with: =Max(Total<Client>Date)
I calculated max_datestatus: =if(Date=Max(TOTAL <Client>Date),Only(Stage))

Current Result: 

Question_QlikView-1.JPG

Ideally: 

Question_QlikView-2.JPG

Thanks in advance. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

or even this

FirstSortedValue(TOTAL <Client> Stage,-Date)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sagarjagga
Creator
Creator

Hi Mrichman,

You can use below set analysis as measure.

Aggr(Nodistinct FirstSortedValue(Stage,-Date),Client)

Hope this will help!!!

sunny_talwar

or even this

FirstSortedValue(TOTAL <Client> Stage,-Date)

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did either of the two posts get you what you needed?  If so, do not forget to close out your thread by returning and on the post that helped, use the Accept as Solution button to mark that post as the correct answer to give the poster credit and let other Members know that worked for you.  If you are still working on things, please leave an update, and if you did something different, please consider posting what that was and once posted, use the button on that post to close the thread.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.