Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use qlikview, data of data.

Hi,

I have a data table say with 4 columns, say set of products sold by different companies on different days..

I have a graph, which plots the max value out of each company per day. (So the largest number of products sold per day).

This obviously gives me a new data set to work with, that is a calculated data set.

How can I treat this newly calculated data like data in a table to produce a new graph, with a new expression sourcing the new calculated data. I don't want to have to keep going back to the source data, I would like to 'build' upon data.

Is it not possible, once I have the newly calculated graph data, to place this data in a 'temporary table', and then work from this?

How is this done in qlikview. I can't believe there is no simple way to roll up data multiple times without refering to the source.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want to re-use expressions in other sheet objects you could place the expression in a variable and just reference the variable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want to re-use expressions in other sheet objects you could place the expression in a variable and just reference the variable.