Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use value of dimension in set analysis?

Hi,

I am new to QV and I cannot find out, how to use value of dimension (in pivot table) as a parameter in set analysis..

I have a dimension "STATUS" with values e.g. "NEW","ACTIVE","BLOCKED"  and I need to COUNT how many users have changed their status in last month.

So I have current date e.g. 31/7/2015 and previous date 30/6/2015, and I know that e.g. user A had status "NEW" last month and now he has status "ACTIVE" -> so there is value 1 in Change to Active in row with value NEW, I have another user B who had ACTIVE status last month but this month he is BLOCKED -> so there is value 1 in Change to Blocked in row with ACTIVE..

I hope it is better understandable in the table:

StatusChange to ACTIVEChange to BLOCKEDChange from Active
NEW100
ACTIVE010
BLOCKED001

So I have this set analysis expression:

=Count({$ <Month ={$(=Max(Month))},Year = ,Week =, Status = {$(=(Status))}, [Previous Status = {'ACTIVE'} > } DISTINCT([CLIENT_ID]))

and this expression does NOT work until I choose the STATUS in filter...but I need the expression to show data independently on status filter -> just according to row in which it is being counted...

I understand that Status = {$(=(Status))} means the current selection, but I need each row to be the current selection

Thank you so much for any suggestion!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Solved..just removed Status = {$(=(Status))} and looks like it works

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Solved..just removed Status = {$(=(Status))} and looks like it works