Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to write a batch file for many reports with section access

Dear All,

Is it possible to create a batch file to reload 10 reports one by one with different username and password (Section Access).

I tried for single document with the following, its working fine any idea to write a batch file

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r

"C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\ Report.qvw"

Regards

Chris.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Chris,

You cannot "send" parameters in command line userid or password to section access, but you can use the NTNAME field in section access (DOMAIN\USERNAME) with the user running the batch file, so the reload will save only data corresponding to this user. There is no parameter for user and password in section access from command line (and it makes sense from the security point of view)

So you will need 10 lines in your batch with 10 different documents with different values for the reduction field corresponding to the running NTNAME (or 10 different lines in one batch file running 10 different files), or run the same batch 10 times specifying different users in the Windows Scheduler.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Use windows schedular and create a 10 batch files for different QV files.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hello Anand,

its really a nice idea but I would like to create a single batch file using section access.

any sample codes please

Regards

Chriss

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Chris,

You cannot "send" parameters in command line userid or password to section access, but you can use the NTNAME field in section access (DOMAIN\USERNAME) with the user running the batch file, so the reload will save only data corresponding to this user. There is no parameter for user and password in section access from command line (and it makes sense from the security point of view)

So you will need 10 lines in your batch with 10 different documents with different values for the reduction field corresponding to the running NTNAME (or 10 different lines in one batch file running 10 different files), or run the same batch 10 times specifying different users in the Windows Scheduler.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

its_anandrjs

Hi,

I think it is not possible with the credentials you may run 10 batch files and provide windows scheduler for that batch and run one by one by schedular and use different credentails for the batch files.

Hope this may help you.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Dear All,

Thanks a lot, I will try it from myend.

Regards

Chriss