Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I get an error message when trying to open community qlikview databases

I just installed Qlikview Personal edition v.11, from the download site of Qlikview.

I then opened the Application and created my first document, where I imported data from an sql db, and started to work on the layout.
When I needed some hints and tips, I accessed this community, and found several good posts where there where files Attached to the posts. The attachments was qlikview databases, With examples in it (i presume, because I have not been able to successfully open them).

When I try to open them, I get the following quoted error Message:

"Your installation of QlikView has exceeded the Maximum number of documents recoveries allowed for a Personal Edition licence. To continue using Qlikview you will need to purchase a full Qlikview licence. Please contact Your local QlikView sales Office, a list of which can be found at www.qlik.com".

Now, I have no problems With purchasing a Professional licence, if I find this tool useful. But currently I am at a beginner stage, I was interested in qlikview to see if I can provide any services in the long run. Downloading the personal edition was therefore a good opportunity to review the Qlikview Application, and improve my skillset on the Application prior to purchasing a licence.

The error Message reported above prevents me from reviewing qlikview to find out if this Application is for us.
Is this a bug, or actually supposed to be like this, preventing us from using the community files uploaded?

Any feedback would be great, if there is a resolution to my problem apart from purchasing a pro licence. (that will happend after evaluating the software).

For Reference I am using Windows 8 64 bit Version.

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Personal edition is a fully functional version of the QV desktop client, with two exceptions:

• You cannot open documents (qvw files) authored by anyone other than yourself (except for some sample documents generated by Qlik).
  • You cannot import a full XML document layout

You can use all demos on qlik.com, but many of the qvw documents posted on the forum are not authored by Qlik, so you will be unable to open them using Personal Edition.

HTH

Jonathan

See http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1799 for more information

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein