Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need to select Absolute and realative (%) in the same chart

Hi,

I need to show absolute and realtive values in the same chart. Realtive mean (%) values how this can be achieved. I have a list box taht showas Absolute or relative for selecting.

Nanda.

6 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

Assuming you want to show it as Value on Datapoints, make your expression something like:

Dual( Sum(Sales) & ' (' & Num(Sum(Sales) /Sum(TOTAL Sales) ,'0.00%') & ')', Sum(Sales) )

Not applicable
Author

Something like this

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I did not explain clearly.My apologies. I do not want in the same chart but in different chart. I have to create a list box and when user selects absolute it should show numbers and, it Relative is selected it should show percentages(%) . I hope I expalined this time atleast.

Thanks again.

Nanda.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I did not explain clearly.My apologies. I do not want in the same chart but in different chart. I have to create a list box and when user selects absolute it should show numbers and, it Relative is selected it should show percentages(%) . I hope I expalined this time atleast.

Thanks again.

Nanda.

Not applicable
Author

A simple solution is to have two charts - one on top of the other and then use conditional show to switch between them based on the selection.

So graph 1 will show relative expression and graph 2 will show absolute expression. Simply enter the following in the conditional show:

=only(field name) = 'Relative' for graph 1

=only(field name) = 'Absolute' for graph 2

That should work.

Not applicable
Author

Here it is