Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need to show more then one value in the expression - pivot table

I have a pivot table with 2 dimensions and 1 expression.

When I have more then one value to show in the expression it is appering as null.

It something like this I have the dimension School and the other dimension is type of events in my expression is events so when I have two events of the same type it is showing nothing but I need to show all of them

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Might need a "distinct" in there: concat(distinct Event,', ')

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please can you give an example and sample data?

Regards,

KK

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try concat(MyValue, ', ') instead of just MyValue as expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Might need a "distinct" in there: concat(distinct Event,', ')

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Good point. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

I tried use concat with a expression and didn't work I looked up online and appears to be ok. Any suggestions?

concat(if(not isnull(School) and not isnull(Event), If(School <> 'PINHEIRO' and School <> 'ESMERALDO',

only({<Event_type={'fundraising','prom'}>}School & ' - ' & Event_Description))), '/')

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please post a small qlikview document that illustrates the problem.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You're doing two aggregation functions together - concat(only()). That's nonsensical as far as QlikView is concerned, like doing sum(sum()). You can use two aggregation functions, but they'd have to be of form concat(aggr(only())). I don't think that's your intent, though. I'm not entirely sure, but maybe by only() you're really trying to get distinct, or trying to figure out where your set expression can go. I think you can also include all of your conditions in the set expression, which should speed things up. So maybe you want something more like this?

concat({<Event_type={'fundraising','prom'},School-={'PINHEIRO','ESMERALDO'},School*={"*"},Event*={"*"}>} distinct School & ' - ' & Event_Description, '/')