Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III

IE Plugin is partly not working anymore [QlikView 12]

Hello everybody,

we are using QV 12.0.203 and publishing our apps in Accesss Point. Some Apps using Macros for some side way processes.

But now we have the problem that some colleges can not use the Internet Explorer Plugin anymore.

Others with the same hardware and computer setup are still able to use it and I don't know why!

Both having Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 and no QlikView installed. Also both having the same internet config, pre configuraded by our IT department.

Other colleges with Internet Explorer 11 are also having the same troubles. On some machines its perfectly working, other can not start it in any moment.

Yesterday the one college could open the document normally and today he has no option to open the apps with the IE plugin. Even so I start the app with IE Plugin link, nothing is happening.

If I change the client path for the IE pluging to "/QvPlugin/opendoc_fix.html" in QMC I get the error message:

QlikView Analyzer for Microsoft® Internet Explorer is not installed

But it is installed!

Even so add the IE Plugin to registry:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\QlikView\QvPlugin\qlikocx.ocx"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\QlikView\QvProtocol\qvp.dll"

Nothing changes!

It is a really weird behavior and I don't know what to do anymore.

Has anyone any clue what I can try else or check out or does anybody have the same characteristics happening?

Thanks and regards!

1 Reply
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have still no clue why it is working some time and why not.

From the beginning on we are fighting with problems on the IE Plugin.

Is there maybe coming a newer version of it, or are there any other possibilities to handle macros in Access Point?

Thanks and regards