Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IN QLIKVIEW SELECT ONE COLUMN EFFECT ON CHARTS OR NOT

in qlikview sheet i have four charts in that charts two bar charts and another two are pie charts.

in that sheet two bar charts kept in left side and two pie charts are kept in right side in between put one list box.in list box having year data.in year data my select 2014 (suppose) the selection is effect on two bar charts but not effect on two pie charts....so is it possible this one? if it is possible plz explain me process

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In the expression of the charts where you don't want the selection effect to take place, include set analysis and bypass year field selection. Say you have expression Sum(amt) in those charts. Now rewrite it like:

=Sum({<Year>}amt)                       //'<Year>' makes the Year field selection void.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

This is possible.

1)If you have 2 different data model.

and Your Year field is comming from one data model as well your two bar chart also created using same data model.

and Your Pie chart is created using another data model.

2)If you dont have proper data model.

Check your data model is proper or not

3)If you are using alternative state for your list box.

Then this thing can happen.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
its_anandrjs

To avoid in selection in the charts use SET analysis expression and if want to bypass all dimension then use

Ex:-

Sum({1} Metrics)

Ex:-

If want particular dimension to by pass then use

Sum({<Month=,Quarter=>} Metrics)

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check enclosed file...