Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

INPUTFIELD and InputSum in a Straight Table

We have a department that wants to globally adjust the price of a particular item and see that % adjustment applied to all customers; I am trying to use an input field titled "Percent Increase" to accomplish this.

I created a straight table, titled "Model Price Adjustment," where the product number is the dimension, and the current price and Inputsum([Percent Increase]) are the expressions. I created another straight table with customer and item information titled "Fiscal Year Data" that also has an expression for Inputsum([Percent Increase]).

If 10% is entered into the input field within "Model Price Adjustment," my expectation was that a value of 10% would be passed to "Fiscal Year Data."

However, the 10% is divided by the number of rows in "Fiscal Year Data" that contain the item number. If the item number is listed 35 times within the table (as in the below example), it will divide the 10% by 35 and increase the price by only .28% (3% rounded in the screenshot below).

How can I get it to apply the entire 10% to each row without the user having to enter 10% in every row within "Fiscal Year Data"?

Example.png

Thanks in advance,

Drew

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To get the total count you can try

Count(Total Product Number).

then the entire expression will be (sum(Percentage Increase) / Count(Total Product Number)) * 100

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!