Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

If condition to set analysis

super-cute-bunny-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

Can anyone help me to simplify the below formula?? It's already created and I need to simplify in order to increase the performance. I have many formulas like the below one and your suggestion will help me to get an idea. (Set analysis or any formula (except If)!!)

if(not isnull([ZF]),'F',

if(not isnull([ZT]),'T',

if(not isnull([ZN]),'N',

if((IsNull(column(22)) or (column(22)='') or (column(22)='0') ), Null(),

if((IsNull([NFlag]) or ([NFlag]='')) and (not IsNull([ZD %])),'D',

'L')))))

And one more expression

if( [SS]= 'T1' OR [SS]= 'T5', Null(), (FirstSortedValue( {<BP_Hierarchy.KUNNR={$(vCus)},K.CUST={$(vCus)},MV.ECM=, MA_EN.NO=>}distinct ZM_PR.LP_scale,-ZM_PR.L_Table))*

only({<BP_Hierarchy.KUNNR={$(vCus)},K.CUST={$(vCus)},LI_CUR.CUR={$(vCur)},MV.ECM=,MA_EN.NO=>}LI_CUR.Rate))

animated-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

4 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

In the front end object the calculation performance depends on the data set over which the aggregation is performed in relation to the calculation operations. In short that means that you need to provide more details in order for any one to be able to provide proper advise.

Please provide a sample application, where the chart object and data model can be reviewed.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Toni for your quick response. I just want to know whether we can write the above if condition in a simple way or not. Just ignore the performance issue. Could you help me.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Generally I would say that the expression simplicity relates to the data model. If you data model is prepared in best possible way you can accomplish the simplest possible expression. Still a sample would make that easier to evaluate.

For example consider adding flags in the data model that allows for easier set expressions, or pre-calculated as much values as possible.

Kushal_Chawda

You can further simplify your formula by putting some if condition in script. You can create the Flag in script for nested if condition and then use that flag in set analysis.