Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III

If condition with multiple criteria using AND, also value if TRUE is aggregation

I'm trying to write a condition on some of my bar charts that would be equivalent to SUMIFS or COUNTIFS variations in Excel. If my IF condition meets two criteria (AND) then I want two values aggregated (summed)

here's what I have written:

=if(FCRA_dummy=1 AND [Not_e-Oscar_Dum]=1, count(Pkey)) + count([ACDV Control Number])

IF both of my dummies are "1", I just want a count of a distinct column in my data, then sum that with another count of a distinct column in my data. I am not getting an error with this expression, but it isn't showing any data, and I know that's not true. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, or maybe even a function built in to QV.. Any ideas on why this isn't working?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this:

=If(FCRA_dummy = 1 and [Not_e-Oscar_Dum] = 1, Count(Pkey) + Count([ACDV Control Number]))

or

=Count({<FCRA_dummy = {1}, [Not_e-Oscar_Dum] = {1}>} Pkey) + Count({<FCRA_dummy = {1}, [Not_e-Oscar_Dum] = {1}>}[ACDV Control Number])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this:

=If(FCRA_dummy = 1 and [Not_e-Oscar_Dum] = 1, Count(Pkey) + Count([ACDV Control Number]))

or

=Count({<FCRA_dummy = {1}, [Not_e-Oscar_Dum] = {1}>} Pkey) + Count({<FCRA_dummy = {1}, [Not_e-Oscar_Dum] = {1}>}[ACDV Control Number])

View solution in original post

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I did indeed use Set Analysis to solve this issue. Thanks