cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Ignore Dimension in Set Analysis But Use Value in the Expression

I know the question has been asked multiple times regarding how to ignore a dimension in an expression but I can't find a solution that works for my situation.

Situation:

1. Straight table with DateA as the dimension.

2. Expressions that total values for the dimension - works fine.

3. An expression that shows total value for 3 months ago based on the dimension date - doesn't work.  Can't use "Above" because the first 3 rows won't be populated.

Example attached, expression that doesn't work is in yellow.

Any ideas of how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Louis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This?

Capture.PNG

I used above only -> If(Sum(Amount) > 0, Above(Sum({1<SalesDateMonthEnd>}Amount), 3))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

This?

Capture.PNG

I used above only -> If(Sum(Amount) > 0, Above(Sum({1<SalesDateMonthEnd>}Amount), 3))

louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Awesome, thanks!  I didn't know that Above could be used for anything other than existing chart values.

sunny_talwar

Not sure what you mean when you say -> "Above could be used for anything other than existing chart values"

louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I've only ever used it for something like Above([Column Name], #).  I just didn't realize that Above could have functions within it, as with your solution.  I learned something, thanks again.

sunny_talwar

Oh ya, you surely can. You can see QlikView's help for more information on Above -> QlikView ‒ Above - chart function

subbareddykm
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sunny,

Do you have any idea on this?

How to do this?