Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Image in dimension

Hi everyone,

Please help me understand why I can't see image in my deminsion?

Please see my file and example file.

Thanks,

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your images are not loaded. If you look at the Image Folder dropdown box on the Images tab of the Expression Editor window you will see that only <bundled>/Builtin exists. There's no product_name1 Image Folder. So something went wrong with the actual loading of the images. I can't tell why that didn't work since I have neither the excel file nor the images themselves.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

You'are right.  Itwas wrong type of file. If I don't want to use whole path to my image, how can I do othet way?

I see in the example, they use 'qmem://Activity/Biking' way. What does it mean?

Thanks,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

'qmem://Activity/Biking' is how you reference an image that was loaded in Qlivkiews in-memory database. Activity is the fieldname loaded from the excel file. The fieldname is also used as the name of the Image Folder. 'Biking' was a value in that field in the excel file and after loading it's the name of the image in the Activity Image Folder. The excel file also had a field Path that contained the path to the image file on the harddisk. So the images themselves were stored on a disk somewhere, not in the excel file itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you give more detail?

In excel:

Activity                              Path

Biking                    C:\Users\Desktop\A.png

Walking                 C:\Users\Desktop\B.png

in expression: If(Variable='A', 'qmem://Activity/Biking',

if(Variable='B', 'qmem://Activity/Walking')

Am I right?

Thanks,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That looks right. See attached example.

edit: replaced zip file with the correct one

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The file has only 3 image