Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Import Fonts

Is it possible to import fonts into QlikView?

The most recent opinion I could find that addressed this question was:

http://qvdesign.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/beautiful-design-chart-innovations-from-qliktech-and-the-el...

It suggested you can't.  Which is pants.

The link is >12 months old though so I was hoping QlikTech have gotten around to fixing this 'Elephant in the Dashboard'.

Can anyone confirm the current position to me please?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I think QlikView imports the system fonts. I am using QV 11 and could see the system fonts in the Font tab of respective objects. Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Angad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not really. 

I have a number of fonts that appear in MS Word that do not appear in QlikView. 

The one I am interested in, is one of those fonts.

Looking at Control Panel > Fonts it is a .pfm font type which, I believe, is an Adobe Type 1 font.

Does anyone know how to import such a font into QlikView, or is QlikView just gimp when it comes to fonts?

phcaptjim
Creator
Creator

I have the exact same question.  It appears my fonts are from the OTF open type font family (Rubrik is one).  These fonts work fine with MS Office but do not appear within the QLIK environment.  Is there an easy solution or do these fonts not play nice with QLIK?

Thanks!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I haven't had any problems adding ttf foints to QV Desktop. I just download and install the .ttf files. I just tested with Rubrik and no problem.

-Rob