cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wandapec
Partner - Contributor III

Inconsistent Num() Formatting on Income Statement

I have a model displaying an Income Statement. The following expression displays the P&L and uses the Num() format of MinString(Format). Format is a field in an Excel spreadsheet for each line of the Income Statement and is R#,##0;(R#,##0), so an example would be:

wandapec_1-1620895661955.png

Expression:

if([Exec P&L Level] = 's','',
Num(
(Sum({$}Amount))
/fabs(if(Flag=1, $(=Sum({$}SalesAmount)),if(Flag=2, $(=Sum({$}GPAmount)), 1)))
, Minstring(Format))
)

For some reason, and I can't work out the pattern, it sometimes doesn't apply the formatting. Check the Income Tax line in the image below. In the example below, I have selected YTD Jan to Apr. When I select YTD Jan to Mar or Feb, it works fine...

E.g. Jan to Apr

wandapec_2-1620895765157.png

E.g. Jan to Mar

wandapec_4-1620896217410.png

Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wandapec
Author

Thanks Gysbert. 
I eventually found the problem. If there is not transaction for the relevant GL Code in the particular month that you have selected, i.e. items are greyed out in a list box, then it doesn't know what format to use for any historical transactions showing in the chart. I will disconnect the calendar from the transaction and use a variable to reference the relevant month selected... Hopefully that will work....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a text object and put Minstring(Format) in it. Then make your date selections to check if Minstring(Format) always returns what you expect.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
wandapec
Author

Thanks Gysbert. 
I eventually found the problem. If there is not transaction for the relevant GL Code in the particular month that you have selected, i.e. items are greyed out in a list box, then it doesn't know what format to use for any historical transactions showing in the chart. I will disconnect the calendar from the transaction and use a variable to reference the relevant month selected... Hopefully that will work....