Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShrutiChavre
Contributor
Contributor

Incremental Load without Primary Key

Hi,

I am using a stored procedure to populate the QVD, and for incremental load I donot have any primary key in my data set. In my data set I have a column Flag, if Flag is 0 its new  and 1 is Old. How can I implement this in my Qlik View Report so that Only those records come in the report with Flag 0. If the dataset records were updated to FLag = 1 then that record should not come in report.

Thanks.

3 Replies
michaelsikora
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello!

You should be able to use a simple where clause to isolate the flag 0 records and concatenate these records to the table. For instance:

1) Load your QVD

2) Concatenate this table into the table above: Load the incremental data using where flag = 0

3) Reload into QVD

The reason you might want to create a primary key is if the table needs to make sure there are no duplicate records. Let me know if this works. If not, please share the code you are using.

Mike

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did Michael's post get you what you needed for your use case?  If so, please do not forget to return to your post and use the Accept as Solution button on his post to give him credit for the assistance and let other Community Members know that worked for you.  

The only other thing I have is the following, not sure it will be of much help, but figured I would put it out here for others too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Overview-of-Qlik-Incremental-Loading/ba-p/1466780

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Marcos_rv
Creator II
Creator II

you have no way at least create a key concatenating fields ??? beyond having the flag, I would think of having a date at least to only bring the news, with the theme of the flag, if you know how old, you leave it in the QVD, I imagine that you are going to bring only those that the flag has in 0, this in the first instance would not be bad, but, the problem comes in that you can get to have a flag at 0 and add it to the model, and continue having it the next reload, so you would have repeated.

Cheers!!!