Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Incremental Load without a Unique ID

Hi All,

I have an issue where the primary key is made up of 4 fields

Warehouse,TrxType,TrxNo and LineNumber

What is the fastest way to get the new records from the DB, If I concatenate the fields and create a unique field. when I attempt to load the new records from the DB it will be very slow as the concatenated fields are not Indexed.

Questions:

Can I create an Index on the SQL Query with the 4 fields.

Can I use AutoNumberHash128 and will it find the new records faster.

I need to Join this table with another table from another DB, the other DB has a Unique Sequence No that's also Indexed and I can get the new records really fast.

What is the best way to join these 2 tables and ensure I can do it quickly.

Thanks

Regards

Alan

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem is that an incremental load is only useful if there is some way of only loading from the database the new or recently changed records. This can work with a date field (eg date_added, date_updated), or a monotonically increasing key value.

So your composite key uniquely identifies the records, but it may prove tricky unless the TrxNo increases steadily and/or you have a small number of warehouses.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>Can I create an Index on the SQL Query with the 4 fields\

You probably should, but this is a question that should go to your db administrators.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>Can I use AutoNumberHash128 and will it find the new records faster.

I don't see how this would help you. The Autonumbered value exists in QV, and AutonumberHashxx values have no ordinality that you could use in the SQL where clause. My first post above attempts to explain that.