Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incremental Load

Hello,

We are using stored Procedures (developed in sql server2008 )for fetching data in qlikview Reports.

Please can anyone tell me how to do incremental load and also storing earlier fetched data.

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Incremental loading is a big concept, you can found the examples of all types of incremental loading in Qlikview Help file and also in Qlikview reference file.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

I tried many examples, but it is not working.

I found some examples where it is picking data directly from the table (means select statement is written direclty in the QV script.). But we are calling stored procedures.

So please help us on that front.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Select Statement should fetch only latest data, it should not fetch all the data.  For implementing the Incremental load you should have a field like LastModifiedOn, which specifies you date of last modification of the record.

If you use stored procedure your stored procedure should fetch only the latest data, or you need to filter the latest data in qlikview.

For implementing Incremental Load, you have to fetch latest records based on the date field and last reload time.

Now concatenate the existing records in QVD.

For better understanding you can go through this concepts in Help you.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Incremental load can only happen with stored procedure if there is possibility to pass date to procedure and inside you have compared it.

For more details about the incremental load have look in to the attached ppt.

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Done