Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Box - Set Max of Number Range based on Other Variables

Hello,

I am attempting to limit the number series range of the drop down in the three input boxes based on the value in the other input boxes.

If the max is 10 and the1st input box has the value 5 (will be able to see values 1-10), then the 2nd and 3rd Input Boxes will only be able to see values 1-5. If I then select 4 in the 2nd box, then the 3rd input box will only be able to see a value of 1 to select (5+4+1=10).

How can I achieve this? I attached a very basic example of the three variables with the drop downs. However, you can see that I cannot get them to limit the drop down ranges based on the other inputs.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, the first issue can be solved by defining a sort order as third argument in the concat function:

=concat(valueloop(0,10-Variable2-Variable3),',',valueloop(0,10-Variable2-Variable3))

I've noticed the occassional problems with the variable refresh, too. No idea how to force a refresh yet.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached?

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl, I appreciate you taking a moment to look at this. The numbers don't appear sequentially in the drop down boxes though, for some reason (0,1,10,2,3,4.....) in your example, and sometimes the values in the other boxes don't refresh when you select a number.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, the first issue can be solved by defining a sort order as third argument in the concat function:

=concat(valueloop(0,10-Variable2-Variable3),',',valueloop(0,10-Variable2-Variable3))

I've noticed the occassional problems with the variable refresh, too. No idea how to force a refresh yet.

Not applicable
Author

This is great for my purposes. Thank you very much.