Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielnevitt
Creator
Creator

Input Boxes/Sliders

Hi,

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for any helpful blogs/discussions around Input Boxes and Sliders?

I have a straight table where I calculate the %Change between last month and current month.  I would ideally like to use an Input Box/Slider to be able to restrict the table to only show where the %Change is greater than say 30%.

My expression is:

sum(aggr(sum(DISTINCT{<CONTRACT_MONTHYEAR={`Nov 2013`},INTERNAL_IND={`*`}-{`Inter Strategy`}>}CONTRACT_QTY_MT),TRADE_NUM)))/(sum(aggr(sum(DISTINCT{<CONTRACT_MONTHYEAR={`Oct 2013`},INTERNAL_IND={`*`}-{`Inter Strategy`}>}CONTRACT_QTY_MT),TRADE_NUM)))-1

I'm aware that I have to create a variable and then set the input box to 30.  However I am unsure how to set the expression to equal the variable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV11 you may be able to use Dimension Limits. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Gysbert, that answer is really helpful.

I assume this idea will work for all graph types, apart from pivot tables?

Regards,

Daniel

Gysbert_Wassenaar

All except the gauge chart and pivot table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the above help.

I am having a couple of issues implementing the idea you suggested.  Please see the attached qvw file.

I would like to be able to set the slider to restrict the table to only show values where the %Variance from the Mean is greater than specific value.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel