Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LESSASSY_K
Contributor III
Contributor III

Input Text box not working in Web interface

Hello everyone,

Hi,

I have a QVW with one input boxes that works fine on my desktop. However, when others try to access it over the Web interface it doesn't work. (by that i mean import a list of values  by copy/past from an excel files to the input text box) ,

What i want to do with the input text box is adding a list of values from an excel file and paste it into the input box tesxt

LESSASSY_K_1-1621941932108.png

lets them type in a value, but as soon as they click out of it, nothing happened in the web interface unlinke in my local qlik where it display all the value entered.

we are running:

QlikView April 2020 SR2

Version 12.50.20200.0

It doesn't work neither on Google Chrome nor on Internet Explorer

I've read that newer versions don't have this problem. Is this true?

Also, do I need to update the QV for both the desktop and server environments, or just the server version?

thanks,

Yann

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@LESSASSY_K  do you have a sample QVW you post here? I can test and confirm if this is an issue in April 2020 SR 4 (currently the latest version). Best practice is to have your QlikView desktop client and QlikView server to match in versions. 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
marcus_sommer

LESSASSY_K
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

thank in advance for your help.

Here is a sample of the application.

Thanks 

LESSASSY_K
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Anyone have an idea ?

Or another way to do that ?

Thanks it will really help

marcus_sommer

Like hinted in the above link you may need a logic-change - means copy and paste not cell-values else a prepared list from them (of course it's an additionally step but simple and fast) or the logic which processed the variable needs an extra evaluation to the provided content. For both approaches it's necessary to know what's really there in Qlik - means to output the variable content within a textbox + the length form the string + additionally checks for line-breaks, spaces and so on.

Beside this an upgrade to a more current release may help - very important is that all used clients and the server are on the same release.

- Marcus