Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input field-Input sum - error in expression

Hi all,

I am stuck with inputfield and inputsum in my pivot table.

1) I have a data extractor which converts my source file into qvds. I have extracted data from excel files

2) I have a data model application which pulls data from the QVDs generated above. In one table, I am hardcoding value '3' as OutputQty.

3)  I have binary loaded the above data model into another application to use it for dashboard development

4)  In dashboard development application, i am declaring 'OutputQty' field as INPUTFIELD

5) When i call this in my pivot table expression as  Inputsum(OutputQty), i am getting erorr in expression. Also, the values are not displayed as expected in the table.

I also tried declaring the field as Inputfield in Datamodel layer, even then error persists.

Basically the requirement is to pull value of OutputQty field from excel and populate in report. It should also be an editable field so user can change it later.

I am stuck with this and urgently need solution for it for my project. Kindly help asap.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

A binary load pulled the datamodel 1:1 from the source. Therefore the inputfield-feature should work. You could test it within your datamodel-app with a small tablebox and you will see if this field is editable or not.

Further you need to make sure that both field-statements (inputfield-statement and the field within your load) is identically - qv is case-sensitive and Inputfield <> InputField.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

The inputfield must be as inputfield declared before it is loaded.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi I have declared it as input field before loading as well. Still doesn't work for me. I declared it in data model application. Is it possible to use it as input field in dashboard application, after pulling data model app as binary load into dashboard app?

marcus_sommer

A binary load pulled the datamodel 1:1 from the source. Therefore the inputfield-feature should work. You could test it within your datamodel-app with a small tablebox and you will see if this field is editable or not.

Further you need to make sure that both field-statements (inputfield-statement and the field within your load) is identically - qv is case-sensitive and Inputfield <> InputField.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I tried it and it works fine now.