Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inputfield and $Syn

Hi

I have this problem when using inputfields. I want to avoid having more than one $Syn, since it makes some of the other dimensions (Product, Class, Mediachannels) behave strangley. This happens when I use below script:

ssss.JPG

sadf.JPG

The reason that I need to have Product, Class, And MediaChannels_Name, is because I use the inputfield in a pivottable where those dimensions are included.

And if I don't include those dimensions, the input field will not work properly since the value entered in the input field would appear several places.

This happens to the Pivot table if I don't include all the dimensions. Then number entered in one cell, appears in all the cells where MediaChannels_Name is "Online".

this happens.JPG

So basically I want to know if there is solution to include all the dimensions without having more than 1 $Syn?

I hope that my explanation makes sense

Stefan

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You dont need to use the inline table to create a inputfield.

You can create a new field in your fact table or the transaction table and mark it as inputfield.

Like below.

Inputfield Belob;

Load *,'' as Belob

from trasaction;

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik

I'm not the main programmer of our QlikView solution, I'm just doing the minor adjustment and addition.

So can you please elaborate what you mean?

Stefan