Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawgfather
Creator
Creator

Installing QlikView on new workstation - no option to recover and new install cannot open file

I have been using QlikView for a long time. My laptop has April 2020 SR4 installed and works. I got a new laptop and installed May 2021 SR2 but it says it cannot open the file...any of my files. Last time I did this years ago, it popped up and said I needed to recover and I had 3 or 4 free recoveries. No problem.

This one will not even give me that option. I can create a new file from scratch, so I know the program is installed correctly (with a "complete" installation option).

I uninstalled and installed the same version April 2020 SR4 but that gives me the same error - cannot open the file.

It doesn't say the file is damaged, but that it cannot open it.

I have looked at lots of postings, tried setting the "Application Rescue" and "Script Rescue" to "1" and opening the file...same thing...fails to open.

I know you can export the script which is helpful but I cannot find any way to "export" a sheet with all the charts and such inside.

Anyone have any ideas????

0 Replies