Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fryckewaert
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic field name coming out as blank

I’m working on code to transform data coming out of the “DataIntegrity” table, which is reading from an Excel spreadsheet, into a QVD. The spreadsheet has one metric record per week (in format YYYY-MM-DD), one column per metric. The resulting QVD will have a row per metric (“Item Branch”, “BOM Accuracy”, “Router Accuracy”, or “Work Center Accuracy”) and a column per month of the year in format “YYYY-MM” (e.g. 2022-01, 2022-02, etc.) storing the average for the recorded values for that month. My challenge at the moment is that, when I am creating the column at runtime, it is coming up as blank, I get the following message:

Blank field name not allowed

MasterData_ItemBranch_KPI:
LOAD
     'SNN' as Site,
     'Master Data' as Pillar,
     'Item Branch Master' as MetricName,
     'Supply Chain Scorecard' as SourceApp,

Avg([Item Branch]) as []

Resident
     DataIntegrity
Where
     Year(%AccuracyDate) >= '2021'
Group by
     %AccuracyDate

The code below might not be a 100% yet, but right now I’m focusing on the column name. I saw this post, but I think I’m not reflecting it right. The idea is that the average column name is generated at runtime:

[DataIntegrity]:
//CrossTable(Groups, Data, 1)
LOAD
	 Date as %AccuracyDate, 
     [Item Branch], 
     [BOM Accuracy], 
     [Router Accuracy], 
     [Work Center Accuracy]
FROM
[15.MasterDataAccuracy.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

// TO DO: Convert to the same format as the metrics file
// Do for Shannon and Galway for all four metrics

MasterData_ItemBranch_KPI:
LOAD
'SNN' as Site,
'Master Data' as Pillar,
'Item Branch Master' as MetricName,
'Supply Chain Scorecard' as SourceApp,

Avg([Item Branch]) as [$(Text(Year(%AccuracyDate)) & chr(45) & Text(num(Month(%AccuracyDate))))]

Resident
DataIntegrity
Where
Year(%AccuracyDate) >= '2021'
Group by
%AccuracyDate
;

//store InventoryTurnsKPI_header into [$(varQVDFilePath)InventoryTurnsKPI.qvd](qvd);

store MasterData_ItemBranch_KPI into [$(varQVDFilePath)SC_Scorecard_KPI_MDSNNIM.qvd](qvd);

Can you please help me figure out how to produce the column name within the script?

Labels (2)
0 Replies