Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Interested in QViewer, Row Capacity?

Hello!

I'm attempting to make some simulated data to demo my qlikview dashboard and came across QViewer. The site tells me the free version has a row capacity of 50,000, but nothing about the personal licensed version.

Does anyone know the row capacity of the fully paid tool?

Thanks!

Alex

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QViewer don't create rows.

Use Q-Eye or a mockup-script.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'd have to ask the developer Dmitri Gudkov, but I think there's only a practical limited that's determined by the amount of ram your system has. And as Thomas said you cannot create qvd files with qviewer. You can only view them.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies. While I may not be able to create a QVD, it was my understanding one could edit a QVD in qviewer. Is this not correct?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not as far as I know. Certainly not with the free limited version. Q-Eye does have an edit function.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

QViewer author here.

Full version doesn't have any row limit -- you can load as much as it fits in RAM. QViewer is a data profiling tool that helps you easily get various statistics for data in a QVD file -- e.g. number of unique values in a field, null counts, text counts, etc. It's not intended for editing, since editing always can be done in Excel with CSV files.