Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Intersecting Values

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a bar chart and trying to get top 10 values using Dimension Limits. But the issue is selection of top 10 issues include these 3 values (BCBS, BCBS-Accuracy and BCBS-Timeliess), what ever position they are in.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Varun> K

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your issue is hiding in the rank() function - what are you ranking there? Within the rank, you should list your aggregation function, not the dimension... Something like this:

count

({<[Primary Issue Driver] = {"=rank( count({<[Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id))<=6)"}, [Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id)

Then, you may or may not need to repeat the other SA filters...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Varun,

if I understand correctly, you need to include three particular values in your chart, whether or not they fall into the Top 10 scenario...

In this case, Dimension Limits can't help you. You need to formulate your "Top 10" logic using advanced Set Analysis, and then append your three "fixed" values to the Top 10 set using the boolean union "+".

In order to formulate your Top 10 logic, read this blog:

QlikView Blog Q-Tip #5 – Show Top Performers. Common but not too trivial. | Natural Synergies

Then, to append the three values, you can use a variety of Set Analysis features. For example:

Sum({$<the Top 10 Condition> + $<the fixed three values>} Value)

or

Sum({<Product = P({<the top 10 condition>} Product)  + P({<the fixed 3 condition>} Product) >}   Value)

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Oleg,

Expression I am using is this:

count({<[Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id) .

What I understood is, I need to use Rank for above expression and perform union with those 3 mandatory values?

Regards,

Varun. K

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried something like this :

count

({<[Primary Issue Driver] = {"=rank([Primary Issue Driver]<=6)"},[Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id)

This is not restricting the values to 6.

Could you have a look at this?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your issue is hiding in the rank() function - what are you ranking there? Within the rank, you should list your aggregation function, not the dimension... Something like this:

count

({<[Primary Issue Driver] = {"=rank( count({<[Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id))<=6)"}, [Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id)

Then, you may or may not need to repeat the other SA filters...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for the time. I will try to fix this issue.

Cheers,

Varun

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Oleg,

I am able to get top 10 issues using your logic. How can I include three fixed values?

Regards,

Varun

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Expression I used:

count

({$<[Primary Issue Driver] = {'BCBS', 'BCBS-Accuracy', 'BCBS-Completeness', 'BCBS-Timeliness'}>
+ $<
[Primary Issue Driver] = {"=rank(count({<[Pull Type] = {'M'}, [As of Date Month Year] = {'$(vmaxMonth)'}>}DISTINCT Id))<=6"},[Pull Type] = {'M'},[As of Date Month Year] = {'$(vmaxMonth)'}>} distinct Id)

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about something like this:

count

({<[Primary Issue Driver] = {"=rank( count({<[Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id))<=10)"} + {'Name 1', 'Name2', 'Name 3'}

, [Pull Type] = {'W'}, [As of Date] = {'$(vmaxWeek)'}>}DISTINCT Id)

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky