Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkatesh_5990
Contributor III
Contributor III

Inventory Days issue on Chart

Hi Folks,

We are using Inventory days as month wise, the formula is like current month closing value/last three months avg sales value. For this logic we are using two different areas like Text Object and Graph (Cyclic group : Quater & Month).
The below logic is using for Inventory days by months it is working fine when in Text Object but it is not working in Graph.Users are expecting only Monthwise Inventory days only not Quarterwise Inventory days. Any one can help me on this?

=num(Sum({<Month={$(=Month)}>}(Closing_Value/1000))
/ (sum({<Month={">=$(=max(Month)-2)<=$(=max(Month))"}>}(Sales_Value/1000))/3)*30,'#,##0')

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

@Venkatesh_5990 Would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issue?

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

A sample would definitely help... have you tried doing:

=num(Sum({<Month={$(=Month)}>} total <Month> (Closing_Value/1000))
/ (sum({<Month={">=$(=max(Month)-2)<=$(=max(Month))"}>}(Sales_Value/1000))/3)*30,'#,##0')

(I added "total <Month>" to the first part of the expression to see if it would get the total for the month and not the quarter)

Venkatesh_5990
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar  & @benvatvandata ,

Please find the below screenshot, above given script is also showing same value only.

Venkatesh_5990_0-1602907241128.png

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Venkatesh_5990 likely going to need sample QVW file, not just screenshot, as likely need to see data model as well as chart and properties on this one in order to try to sort it if what they already posted did not work.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.