Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inventory count

Hi! I'm running into something I just can't wrap my head around how to get it to work. What I am building (or at least trying to) is a chart with shops who have done their inventory counts. Unfortunately each shop has a different number of past inventories. What I want to create is a chart with the most recent count for each shop per item counted. so something like this:

[Item 1]     [Item 2]     [Item 3]     [etc]

Shop 1     X               X               X              X

Shop 2     X               X               X              X

Shop 1 might have max(inventory_number)=24

Shop 2 might have max(inventory_number)=46

So for each item I want to show the result of the lastest count. I was thinking of adding an expression (max(inventory_number)) and then using that expression in a set analysis, but that returned only 1 shop to me, the one with the highest inventory_number, not a result per shop.

Could anyone get me on the way to solving this?

Thanks!

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi Gregoor, set analisys is calculated before the table, so it won't work row by row. Maybe using Aggr() does the trick:

Aggr(If(inventory_number=max(inventory_number), ItemCountField), ShopField)

or:

Aggr(If(inventory_number=max(inventory_number), ItemCountField), ShopField, ItemField)

If ItemCountField has more than one value for a shop-item-inventory_number, you'll need to encolse Aggr() and/or ItemCountField in an aggretion function like Sum(), Avg()...