Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to connect to QuickBooks Online (QBO) for pulling data?

Hi All,

Is it possible to connect to QuickBooks online (QBO). I need to pull data to Qlikview from QBO. Is there any way?

I know we can connect to QuickBooks desktop version with qodbc driver but  I need to connect QBO.

Thank you for  reply

Best

Murat

3 Replies
cookiejest
Partner - Contributor III

Hey! You can indeed!

There is a way to use the standard REST connector with Qlik Sense to Connect to Quickbooks online. It uses Cloudslurp.

https://blog.webofwork.com/quickbooks-connector-for-qlik-sense/

TaterTot
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi there @cookiejest 

Thanks for providing the above - I'm attempting (for the first time) to connect QBO to Qlik Sense and I came across this solution - however the blog post is no longer available - would you mind to please explain how & why I would need CloudSlurp to connect QlikSense to QBO? 

Many Thanks!

cookiejest

Quickbooks Online requires a valid oauth token to connect your data that requires a periodic refresh, at the moment it's not easy to do with the standard Qlik REST connector.

However using Cloudslurp will take your data request, refresh the token if required and stream the data to the Qlik sense app with one API call that you do not have to keep manually updating your load script (it is a middleware).

These are the key benefits of using Cloudslurp to connect are:

1. It manages the oauth token refresh for you
  2. You do not need to export any data from Quickbooks, the data is streamed directly from the tool into your Qlik app.
  3. You can connect multiple Quickbooks accounts if you have that requirement.
  4. You can share access to Quickbooks data access between your developers.
  5. You can restrict the data you bring into Qlik using basic SQL in the API call to speed up your app reload.

The cloudslurp GET request API call looks like this:

https://api.cloudslurp.com/data?token=XXX&query=SELECT * FROM quickbooks1."accounts";

You can copy and paste this from the Cloudslurp Data Viewer by clicking on this button:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 14.59.12.png

Just to note Cloudslurp also supports data streaming from Stripe, Xero, Pipedrive and even directly from CSV files in Amazon S3 or Dropbox.