Quickbooks Online requires a valid oauth token to connect your data that requires a periodic refresh, at the moment it's not easy to do with the standard Qlik REST connector.
However using Cloudslurp will take your data request, refresh the token if required and stream the data to the Qlik sense app with one API call that you do not have to keep manually updating your load script (it is a middleware).
These are the key benefits of using Cloudslurp to connect are:
- It manages the oauth token refresh for you
- You do not need to export any data from Quickbooks, the data is streamed directly from the tool into your Qlik app.
- You can connect multiple Quickbooks accounts if you have that requirement.
- You can share access to Quickbooks data access between your developers.
- You can restrict the data you bring into Qlik using basic SQL in the API call to speed up your app reload.
The cloudslurp GET request API call looks like this:
https://api.cloudslurp.com/data?token=XXX&query=SELECT * FROM quickbooks1."accounts";
You can copy and paste this from the Cloudslurp Data Viewer by clicking on this button:
Just to note Cloudslurp also supports data streaming from Stripe, Xero, Pipedrive and even directly from CSV files in Amazon S3 or Dropbox.