Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to display the recent updates from excel sheet into qlikview?

Hi everyone,

I have been learning qlikview for few hours, I had imported the excel sheet into qlikview, based on that I had created a chart, but the values in the excel sheet is changed. But my chart in the qlikview is created based on the old excel sheet's value. Is it possible to display the chart based upon  the recent updates from excel sheet into qlikview?

For example I have an excel sheet in the name of "customer.xlsx" which contains 10 customer's name initially, and importing it to the qlickview, after few weeks this 10 customer's name in the excel sheet becomes 50 customers, but the qlikview shows only 10 customers, how do I handle this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramkrishna86
Creator II
Creator II

Reload your updated excel sheet in qlikview.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vikasmahajan

- You need to keep fix excel format

- As soon as you re-load your qlikview document automatically all users will update in qlikview

by using latest updated excel file. you need to keep a track on excel file format.

Hope this help you.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

You can schedule your reload whenever the data changes in excel using Normal Windows scheduler also..There are some 3rd party tools also available like 24X7..

Selva

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You have to reload the application again to get the updated records.

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

Hi Varun,

Whenever data is updated, Please refresh the Qlikview document as well automatically it will update. But if you are expecting with out touching the document/qlikview application, if you want to reload whenever data has updated in excel then there is process. for that you need to create a trigger for that.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

place this document in qlikview server and and go to document properties and configure qlikview document reload

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Everyone

How to reload the excel document in qlikview? Please help me guys.

NOTE:

I am using qlikview Personal Edition.

Thank You

Varun Krishna. P

Not applicable
Author

press Ctrl + R

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@Abhishek Neti

Ok, Thanks I'll try it and let you know.

Thanks,

Varun Krishna. P

ramkrishna86
Creator II
Creator II

Reload your updated excel sheet in qlikview.