Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to copy a full sheet from one app to another?

I'm using Qlikview 10... I developed objects for reporting, and reports in a development copy of an app... but had to make changes to the original copy (without reports or report objects yet) in order to meet a production deadline... now my copies are out of sync    can I copy a full sheet from one app to another, rather than just one object at a time?

Thanks!

Karen Bardon

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can select all objects (CTRL + A) and copy (CTRL + C) in one document, and paste it all in another.

It will not copy objects IDs and sheet properties (like trigers)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karen,

You can select all objects with your mouse, click controle-C or edit --> copy and paste them into your new tab in the other app.

Succes,

Halmar

Not applicable
Author

Wow, thanks! I kept trying that yesterday and it didn’t seem to work… guess I just wasn’t catching the objects completely with the mouse?

Thanks so much!

Karen

Not applicable
Author

Well… I was successful at copying all of the objects over… but I’m not able to copy the reports ☹ I bet they are tied to object id’s aren’t they? And I bet when you copy the objects they get new ids in the new app? So I’ll just retrofit the app modification in to the copy where I’ve already developed the reports… less work!

New to Qlikview, but I’m learning! ☺ thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's why I've mentioned object IDs...

Actually, you can "copy" reports as well - in the "Report Editor", in the "Reports" menu, there is Export and Import.  I have to admit I never tried it. My guess that it will work, but you'll have to fix it after import by changing IDs.  Probably not the most effective way.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I noticed that but it didn’t hit home until I tried to copy the report… this will teach me to not maintain two copies of an app like I did this time!

Thanks again!