Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to drive the OLEDB connect statement by an IF statement and variable?

I modified a script of ours to try to dynamically pick a OLEDB connect string.  I created a spreadsheet that just has 1 value in it.  Either PROD or TEST.  I read the table based off of the spreadsheet and assign the value to a variable.  I then have the following IF statement:

IF $(ServerEnv) = 'PROD' then

//PROD

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=wms_dw;Data Source=WMS_DWPROD;Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is PSWD);

ELSEIF $(ServerEnv) = 'TEST' then

//TEST

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=wms_dw;Data Source=WMS_DWPROD;Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is PSWD);

It runs and says successful but does not hit any of the code after this statement.  I did put a text object out on a page so that I could see it change between PROD and TEST and that works fine.

Any ideas?

10 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe you should add ' ' to $(ServerEnv) as I suggest in my previous post

IF '$(ServerEnv)' = 'PROD' then

trace PROD;

ELSEIF '$(ServerEnv)' = 'TEST' then

trace TEST;

end if;