Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nboccassini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there a way to know if the page is activated by a server reload or really I'm going in that sheet?

Hi,

I have a document with actions on sheet activation.

I want that these events are started only if I enter in the sheet but not if I'm on the sheet and a server reload document starts (when a reload is finished qlik formally reopen the sheet, re-executing the actions).

Is there a way to know if the page is activated by a server reload or really I'm activating that sheet?

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

AFAIK there is nothing such (not considering macro). Alternatively, can try this idea: create a trigger (perhaps setting a variable value) OnLeaveSheet event (for other sheets) along with your OnActivateSheet. Now perform a conditional check the variable value additionally for your trigger. This would stop server refresh to trigger the event becuase of this additional variable check would fail.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can force the server to keep your (old) version of the data available as long as possible and not initiate a client refresh automatically.

In QV->Settings->Document Properties->Server, select "Client initiates refresh. If old data not kept in server or client too old, session will be disconnected." in "Refresh Mode when Document is Updated on Server". Then select "Indicate with toolbar button" in "Client Refresh Initiation Mode".

The disconnect will only happen if your server doesn't allow multiple cpopies of the same document to reside in memory.

Peter

nboccassini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The problem is that I want fresh data when the reload is finished