Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to override the updating, please try again message

I am a JavaScript API that is updating some values and the user is getting the message "Updating, please try again".  The user community would like to override this message with something meaningful.  E.g. "Updating Segment, please wait"

I know that this is a standard message, but I am inquiring about a way to possibly change the message.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We've been trying this ourselves.

Till now we've managed to edit the format of the popup, to a smaller version, by tweaking the default.css file. The problem with this approach is that it will apply to all documents.

I know we should use the custom.css, but Qlikview seems to disregard any change we put there.

As for the text information itself, we tried to change the translations file under ...\QlikViewAjax\htc\customFiles.

However, none of the available translations is for "updating" info... By the translation function call in the ajax file it should be the "Updating" message, but till now we couldn't put it to work.

I guess you could tweak the ajax js file, but i doubt Qlikview advises this.

Also there is a customizing document extension that has some ideas to tweak css styles, that might help  on this too.

Demo of UI Manipulation with a Document Extension

Good Luck,

MC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

BTW,

Let me add that the UI Manipulation example helped regarding the format of the popup.

If you create a document Extension, use the Qva.LoadCss command to load a CSS.

You can use the Style.css file for your modalDialog style (just copy that section from the Default.css file, edit the styles as you wish) and apply it as in the demo.

Doing it this way it's better because it is a more used method, and you are not editing the AJAX client's core functionality.

Good Luck,

MC