Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Is there any way to do a trigger if the value of an object changes without using a Macro?

Here's what I'm doing.

I have a button that resets some variables that I have. And I added an object to show the message "The data has been reset".

This is very easy, but the problem is that I have a calendar object to show dates, and when I change the date, I want the object of the message to dissapear. (It means change the value of the flag of the message to 0).

The question is, how could I do that? The best thing I can do is to get into the triggers tab of the "sheet properties" option, and put something like : When you click on the object of the calendar, put my flag message variable to 0.

How could I do it, the same way, but checking if the content of the calendar object has been changed?

Thanks in advance.

Regards. Marcel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Is your calendar object based on a field or a variable? Either way, you want Document Properties>Triggers. There should be Field Event Triggers and Variable Event Triggers. Choose the item you want the trigger on and add an Event. For the field, you probably want OnSelect. I'm guessing it would be OnInput for variables, but I'm not positive on that. Then for the Action, do the opposite of what you did to show the message.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable

Is your calendar object based on a field or a variable? Either way, you want Document Properties>Triggers. There should be Field Event Triggers and Variable Event Triggers. Choose the item you want the trigger on and add an Event. For the field, you probably want OnSelect. I'm guessing it would be OnInput for variables, but I'm not positive on that. Then for the Action, do the opposite of what you did to show the message.