Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there any way to make a tab visible in the application, but it is not selectable

Is there any way to make a tab visible in the application, but it is not selectable

I have two tabs, "list" and "detail". I would firstly select a value in my first tab "list", then I can see the details in the "detail" for my selected value. As I do not select a value, tab "detail" is visible but can be selected

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You can hide all sheets and set a button that is visible only when the user has made any selection in the field you want. This button then activates the sheet. If you set one sheet as visible, it's always selectable, otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense.

But if, from the user point of view you want to let them know that there is a detail view, but before getting that they have to select some values, it may be as simple as set a calculation condition like

GetFieldSelections(FieldName) > 0

And set the error mesage for Calculation Condition unfulfilled to "Please select one value in FieldName" or similar.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Go to "Detail" sheet properties and enable "Read Only" option in Security tab.
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

That won't avoid the user to select the tab, but to make any selections to the objects in that sheet.

Regards.