Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is user is able to drag & drop the sheet objects from the Qlikview server ?

Hi,

I'm using Qlikview personal edition . So i want to know more about Qlikview server side part.

Suppose i have Qlikview desktop, Qlikview publisher and Qlikview Server. What i understood was, BI developer will create reports using QV desktop and he'll publish the reports on the QV publisher. So QV publisher will publish those reports on QV server ,say Server1. So the end user who is having the permission to access that server and that document can view the reports in that document.

So here my query is that, is end user is able to edit/add other sheet objects into the existing reports which is already published on the server1. If yes, then how QV server will provide those editing features(adding new sheet objects and all). If its not possible, the how end user will  be given the flexibility to play with the report?

Please clarify this concept.

Thanks,

Shree

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

for each document or for all of them in the qlikview server

you can decide if the end user will be able to add objects and sheets or not.

if you allow end user to add sheets and object

then everything the user add is only shown to him and he can decide if he want to share his personal objects with other users.

when a user create an object he can either select from repository of existing object

or create a whole new object .

all users object are managed through qlikview server console

Not applicable
Author

What i understood was everything depend on the access given to the user. If read and write aceed to given to the user1 for Doc1, then he can modify the report and if he wants then he can share with other user. So sharing the report will reflect on the original report as well right (report initially created using QV desktop) ?

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

sorry , seems i didn't complete the reply

end user can't change the original model

all changes made by them are only displayed in the qlikview server

and don't reflect to other users

regarding the original document develop in qlikview desktop

Not applicable
Author

In the sense it's only for his understanding right?